Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

20.08.2010 18:03:50
Changing networks
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello

I use RB/AR on a MacBookAir/Iphone(4G). I set it up on a network in my office in Spain, worked fine. Then took it to a lecture I was giving, hung on iphone saying"launching." Did not have time to fiddle with. Brought to my regular office in NY, same problem. did a new setup with safara (same bonjour address), now works fine. Do I have to do the safari reset everytime I switch networks? 
Thanks 
Neal 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

23.08.2010 09:44:31
Re: Changing networks
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
It depends.

If you use an IP address based URL to access the AJAX Remote, it's pretty safe to say that this URL will change when you log onto another network. Usually, IPs are dynamically assigned to clients by WiFi hotspots and you may even get a different IP when logging into the same network.

If you use a Bonjour based URL and there's no other machine on the same network with the same Bonjour name, this bookmark should continue to work even when switching networks.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz