Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

05.09.2010 00:32:36
dismissing menu without remote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi there, a suggestion (or possibly a how-to question, if a work-around already exists):

Every once in a while i'll wake up or come home from work to find that i'd accidentally pressed a button on my remote, or my cat fell asleep on it, or whatever, and the Remote Buddy menu is up on my screen. My instinctual reaction, and the most convenient one in my mind, is to dismiss this menu using a key or by clicking on it with the mouse. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be possible (the menu doesn't react to either) — and as a result i'm forced to go hunting for my remote, wake it back up (since it's Bluetooth), and then finally dismiss the menu.

So my question is, would it be possible either to make Remote Buddy's OSD menus mouse-controllable, or, alternatively, to have some global keyboard combination that can be pressed to tell Remote Buddy to get rid of whatever it's displaying on the screen?

thx 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

05.09.2010 09:20:07
Re: dismissing menu without remote
View

Thanks for asking.

The Remote Buddy menu is transparent for mouse clicks for technical reasons: actions that you trigger using the menu might need to click on parts of your screen (that may be covered by Remote Buddy's menu) to perform their task. If Remote Buddy's menu reacted to mouse clicks and not just let them through to the underlying windows, you'd get undefined behavior in these cases.

There is an easy way to dismiss the Remote Buddy menu without the remote, though: just click on the Remote Buddy icon in the menu bar and the menu will fade out.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

05.09.2010 13:16:38
Re: dismissing menu without remote
View

Oh, that should work for me. Thanks!