Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

10.09.2010 16:26:30
Cursor problem after EyeTV update
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi there,

I was extremely happy when you chose to integrate the "cursor move option" and it was working like a charm... just until a resent update from EyeTV somehow adressing the same problem.

I remember reading something with a cursor fix in the "What's new" before updating my EyeTV but didn't pay much attention to it as you guys already solved my problem.

But now I have a nother problem. The curser won't go away when I wake my mac even though the cursor is i.e. in the middle of the screen. I have to use the mouse to activate the curser. I only have to move it very little, and it then disappears after a second or so.

I'm guessing it's because both Remote Buddy and EyeTV is trying to help me out with the original cursor problem, but even disabling the cursor move option in Remote Buddy doesn't seem to make a change.

Can anyone help me get rid of that unwanted cursor?

Thanks.. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

19.09.2010 07:12:26
Re: Cursor problem after EyeTV update
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

What the option in Remote Buddy will do is simply move the mouse cursor away from the title bar (if it was located there - it'll do nothing otherwise) a few seconds after the Mac woke from sleep. This works great here on all Macs that I've tested (including a Mac Mini running the latest version of EyeTV).

Chances are, however, there's a situation that is not catched yet. To find out what these situations might be, I've already posted a list of questions regarding this in a related thread:

http://www.iospirit.com/support/forums/remotebuddy/singlethread/15082/

The answers to these questions would be most helpful to me in further looking into this.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz