Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

18.09.2010 02:16:15
CMD-TAB
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi forgive me if this has been discussed i have searched but to no avail. I have downloaded the trial and beofre purchase i would like to test as follows:

Simply i like the CMD-TAB on the keyboard to switch applications in osx (simple and elegant little menu), so i want to use this on my HTPC on my mac mini all i run is eyetv and plex/xmbc/boxee for example so i just want to hit the menu button on the little apple remote and it brings up the application tab switcher i have mangaged to get it to display the actual tab menu but inside this i cannot navigate right or left it is doing my head in! is it possible? does anyone have a script saved i can download if they have succesfuly done this. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

General
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

19.09.2010 07:31:46
Re: CMD-TAB
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

This should be possible (but error prone, seeing as the Cmd-Tab OS X tool has no API for requesting status and disappears on more outside events than just the release of the keys) with a dedicated Behaviour using Apple Script.

It would, however, mostly just be an unnecessary effort, since you can already switch between applications using Remote Buddy. If you want to tune Remote Buddy for use primarily as a dedicated switcher/launcher between a select number of applications, here are some ideas:

1) If you want to access the root of the Remote Buddy menu (where, by default, all Behaviours are listed) when you press Menu, you can select the respective action at Prefs > Mapping > Global Mapping > [Menu button]

2) If you want to limit the layout of the root level of the Remote Buddy menu, you can do this at Prefs > Menu by creating your own profile, customize it, then select it to be used as default

3) If you want to activate/switch Behaviours with a single button press - and not descend into the application's context menu - you can achieve this by changing the respective option at Prefs > Menu > Size & Appearance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz