Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

01.10.2010 11:15:15
Remote buddy doesn' t recognize my ps3 remote after registration
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello all,

I evaluated remote buddy on a macmini server 10.6.4 using a ps3 remote and was really pleased off.. 
i use the mac as a media center (so no keyboard and no mouse connected)

But since i registered my copy, my remote is not recognized anymore after boot , BUT if i turn on the bluethoot keyboard , the remote get recognized.

I tried to push buttons on the remote before the boot to awake it , but nothing. Any clues about this weird behaviour ?

thanks in advance

pascal 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

01.10.2010 12:31:46
Re: Remote buddy doesn' t recognize my ps3 remote after registration
View

Hello Pascal,

thanks for asking.

The only difference between registered version and demo is that you can only use the demo version for 30 days. There are no feature limitations, differences or any different code paths. The exact same routines are in use regardless of whether you have purchased a license and use it - or whether you're still in trial time.

For custom devices like the PS3 remote, you'll generally have to turn on your Mac and boot it fully before you can use it. You can't use such devices if your Mac is still turned off or not fully booted, because the Bluetooth stack that, on the Mac, is spread across user and kernel space will not be fully initialized and working until that point. There may be basic support for BT keyboards and mice directly in the EFI firmware (to f.ex. support selecting a custom boot drive), but the EFI firmware's Bluetooth support should not be confused with OS X' Bluetooth stack.

Like any other OS X application, Remote Buddy needs the OS to have booted fully before it can run and have any influence on what your system does. Prior to booting and launching Remote Buddy, it has no influence on your system - which includes adding support for the PS3 remote.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

01.10.2010 13:01:18
Re: Remote buddy doesn' t recognize my ps3 remote after registration
View

thanks i thought so :)

but any idea what the problem would be then ? this is really annoying me

regards & thanks

pascal 

User

17.10.2010 11:58:31
Re: Re: Remote buddy doesn' t recognize my ps3 remote after registration
View

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

The PS3 remote can't be used to power on a Mac. This is a technical limitation that can't be addressed in software.

The PS3 remote can only be used to wake a sleeping Mac from sleep.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz