Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

14.10.2010 00:19:56
Switch to default behaviour if application is minimized
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I use Remote Buddy exclusively to control PLEX and Eye TV via an Apple Remote.

I could swear that if I use the show/hide menu entry while in Plex and the foremost Application is Finder Remote Buddy switched to the "Default Behaviour" ... now after some days (I think I updated Remote Buddy in that timeframe) if I hide Plex, the "Plex" behaviour stays active.

Was this changed with a recent update, did I change something or am I just going crazy. If this is the intended default behaviour of Remote Buddy, is there a way to force it to activate "Default Behaviour" if the Finder is the frontmost application?

The way it is now is just stupid, because even though Plex is hidden, I hear the feedback sounds of moving the cursor in Plex when I press up/down/menu on my remote, although menu should invoke the Remote Buddy menu. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

17.10.2010 12:03:46
Re: Switch to default behaviour if application is minimized
View

Thanks for asking.

When the active application is not supported by Remote Buddy (like f.ex. the Finder), Remote Buddy checks what other applications are running and tries to find out whether background control is supported for any of these applications. Only if both the active application and none of the applications running in the background are controllable will the Default Behaviour be used.

For Plex, support for controlling it in the background was broken in previous releases of Remote Buddy when using the most recent versions of Plex. This has been addressed in the latest release.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

17.10.2010 12:44:33
Re: Switch to default behaviour if application is minimized
View

Thank you for this answer, although it is not the one I hoped to hear...

Just for future reference, to get my desired behaviour back (i.e. switch away from background application when deactivating or hiding it) I created a custom Finder behaviour.