Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

15.10.2010 19:02:39
Channel problem after EyeTV update
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi there,

I have update Eye tv 3.4.2 to 3.4.3 ,the change does not work channels from menu

Thanks.. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

17.10.2010 11:56:31
Re: Channel problem after EyeTV update
View

Thanks for asking.

With EyeTV 3.4.3, the AppleScript channels property of EyeTV appears to be broken. Invoking it directly returns an error. This hinders Remote Buddy from quick and effective access to the channel list. I'll get in touch with Elgato next week regarding this bug.

I've already found a workaround and uploaded an updated copy of Remote Buddy to the server. To install it, download Remote Buddy here and follow the instructions to replace your existing copy:

http://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/download/

If, after installing the updated copy, the problem still persists, please let me know.

An alternative solution then is to create a "Favorites" group in EyeTV (using the + in the lower, left corner of the EyeTV window) and then add your channels to it. You can then access these under "Favorites" in the Remote Buddy menu.

Yet still, please let me know if the problem persists even after installing the updated copy. Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

18.10.2010 00:49:22
Re: Channel problem after EyeTV update
View

I've installing your copy from server ,and problem is partial resolve ,now channel list is activate from menu ,not equal ordering channels between remote buddy and eyetv 
User

20.10.2010 14:53:47
Re: Re: Channel problem after EyeTV update
View

Elgato has released an update (build 6308) that fixes the bug that causes your problem.

You can install it by either

a) entering the following URL in the address field of a browser and press return: 
eyetv://checkforupdates?build=6308

- or -

b) re-downloading EyeTV manually from the Elgato website from below address and replacing your current copy with it 
http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/support/Update-Start/Update-EyeTV-3

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz