Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

09.11.2010 20:41:12
Custom actions in EyeTV context menu?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I'd like to add some specific actions to Remote Buddy's context menu for EyeTV and which are not available as choices. There are some things I'd like to do with EyeTV using only the Apple Remote, but corresponding choices don't appear when I go to edit the EyeTV context menu: only a limited list (9 actions) is displayed in the top level of the Item Library for EyeTV and no custom actions are shown as available.

That is in contrast to the choices in the drop down list for each button under the Mapping tab where there are 22 top level actions and custom actions can also be selected.

Is there some way I can get a custom action into a context menu?

Glenn 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

11.11.2010 06:43:11
Re: Custom actions in EyeTV context menu?
View

Thanks for asking.

Please make sure that - in the Custom Actions window in Prefs > Mapping - you have selected the "globally available" checkbox for the actions you want to use in the menu.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

11.11.2010 20:16:12
Re: Custom actions in EyeTV context menu?
View

Thanks Felix.

That works, but there is an aspect of it that I prefer not to have. I'd like an action to be in a context menu, but not be global. Would it be possible to choose those independently?

A non-custom action in the EyeTV behavior, such as "Close video windows", gets sent to and is executed by EyeTV, whether or not an EyeTV window is on top. That is in contrast to a custom action I tried, which is executed by the application with the window on top. For instance, if a finder window is on top and a custom action in the Remote Buddy menu for EyeTV is executed (say, "Command-i") then the finder executes it, not EyeTV, even though I've implemented the action as an Applescript to be sent to EyeTV: 'Tell Application "EyeTV" to keystroke "i" using {command down}'.

Glenn

Last edited: 12.11.2010 02:40:48