Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

14.11.2010 13:36:05
10.6.5 and apple remote with MCE reciever
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
the apple remote+mce reciever disappear from /Hardware in remote buddy 
now i can see only Virtual reciever 
everything was fine since 10.6, and Leopard so i assume this is because of the 10.6.5 and u should fix it. 
i also send feedback like 5 days ago with no reply.

Out of topic: Is there any plan to add support also for the MCE remote control also?

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - eHome 2005
User

14.11.2010 20:52:04
Re: 10.6.5 and apple remote with MCE reciever
View

the apple remote+mce reciever disappear from /Hardware in remote buddy 
now i can see only Virtual reciever 
everything was fine since 10.6, and Leopard so i assume this is because of the 10.6.5 and u should fix it.

Thanks for the info, but please search the forum before opening a new thread. This issue is already discussed here: 
http://www.iospirit.com/support/forums/remotebuddy/singlethread/15220/

i also send feedback like 5 days ago with no reply.

You filed your support inquiry on the 12th of November at 20h20 (= Friday evening, after closing hours) - which is almost exactly 48 hours (or 2 days) ago - not 5 days.

I've spent the entire weekend on isolating and fixing this issue, run extensive tests as well as on preparing and eventually releasing a new version. In the meantime, I've posted updates on the thread linked to above as well as on Twitter.

Today, on Sunday evening, an update fixing the issue is available and all support inquiries regarding the issue (including yours) have been answered by now, too.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz

User

15.11.2010 01:17:56
Re: 10.6.5 and apple remote with MCE reciever
View

dear felix 
now everything is ok 
support was super fast!!

any chance of implent emulation with my remote control!>? 
reciever is mCE and i use the apple remorte control but i would love to use the mCE remote control

again, thank u for the user fast service