Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

27.11.2010 21:09:29
Remote Buddy delay issues
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I use RB together with a Logitech Harmony One Remote Control. Since two weeks, I am discovering severe delay issues.

RB does not react when I press a button on the Remote. Sometimes reaction time is perfect and I can scroll through a Song list in the Itunes Menu without noticeing any delay, but more often, it takes several seconds, up to 15 or 20 seconds, until RB reacts again to my input.

The problems started after the latest Software and Driver update, but it just fell together with a change in my Hardware. I have migrated my old Mac Mini to the 2010 modell, running Mac OS Snow Leopard.

I have migrated the complete Mac OS environment from a Time Machine backup, incl. RB and all settings.

Anyone has similar problems. Can the migration be the reason for the problems. Any problems with the new Mac Mini modell using RB?

regrads

Manuel

Last edited: 28.11.2010 18:05:30 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Driver
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

28.11.2010 08:06:47
Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_=5Bremotebuddy=5Fforum=5D_Remote_Buddy_reag?=
View

Thanks for asking.

Please respect that this is an English language forum. Many users worldwide have subscribed to it by email and receive all posts. To keep this forum useful and interesting for a worldwide audience, only posts in English should be made.

Questions in German should be filed as support inquiries at http://www.iospirit.com/contact/

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

28.11.2010 18:08:00
Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_=5Bremotebuddy=5Fforum=5D_Remote_Buddy_reag?=
View

Sorry for posting in German, just did not realize that the Forum was in English.

Translated my post to English. Now it should be okay.

Any ideas regarding my problems? 

User

02.12.2010 21:24:32
Re: Remote Buddy delay issues
View

Thanks for rewording in English!

Are the delays limited to controlling iTunes via the Remote Buddy menu? For iTunes, it's important that you don't have its preferences or any modal window (like a dialog) open when controlling it with Remote Buddy: Remote Buddy uses AppleScript to communicate with iTunes and iTunes will not respond to Apple(script) events while in a modal state/its preferences.

AppleScript will generally block Remote Buddy's execution until a script has finished execution.

If you renamed an application (f.ex. "iTunes.app" to "iTunes 10.app"), AppleScript will not be able to find the respective application targeted by a script and - instead of returning immediately - will usually block execution for a longer period of time.

If you can see the spinning beachball when hovering over the Remote Buddy icon in the menu bar during such a delay, please do the following while the beachball is still spinning:

1) Launch Activity Monitor.app (Aktivitätsanzeige.app) at /Applications/Utilities (Dienstprogramme). 
2) Select Remote Buddy.app from the process list 
3) Click on "Analyze" (Prozess analysieren) and send me the output.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz

Hi,

I use RB together with a Logitech Harmony One Remote Control. Since two weeks, I am discovering severe delay issues.

RB does not react when I press a button on the Remote. Sometimes reaction time is perfect and I can scroll through a Song list in the Itunes Menu without noticeing any delay, but more often, it takes several seconds, up to 15 or 20 seconds, until RB reacts again to my input.

The problems started after the latest Software and Driver update, but it just fell together with a change in my Hardware. I have migrated my old Mac Mini to the 2010 modell, running Mac OS Snow Leopard.

I have migrated the complete Mac OS environment from a Time Machine backup, incl. RB and all settings.

Anyone has similar problems. Can the migration be the reason for the problems. Any problems with the new Mac Mini modell using RB?

regrads

Manuel

Last edited: 28.11.2010 18:05:30