Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

07.01.2011 10:34:09
LIRC support for Remote Buddy
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi there,

I think it would be an awesome feature and also easy to implement LIRC support for Remote Buddy. LIRCd (running as a server on some Linux box) provides a IP network socket (TCP or UDP) where it spits out all the IR events it receives decoded to the remote controller key level so no further timing calulation or other processing needs to be done. It uses a text based protocol delimited by newlines, so it is very very easy to parse.

Quote from the LIRCd manual:

With the --listen option you can let lircd listen for network connections on the given address/port. The default address is 0.0.0.0, which means that connections on all network interfaces will be accepted. The default port is 8765. No security checks are currently implemented. The listening lircd instance will send all IR events to the connecting lircd instances.

Thanks in advance,

Endre

Last edited: 07.01.2011 11:02:39 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

18.01.2011 13:13:02
Re: LIRC support for Remote Buddy
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for your feedback.

I'm afraid, though, that such a feature is beyond the scope of what I want to do (and provide technical support for) with Remote Buddy.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz