Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

12.01.2011 20:44:40
Harmony One, Remote Buddy, Plex problem
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I've set up my Harmony One to control Plex through Remote Buddy using the method outlined here: http://miniharmony.blogspot.com/ and continued here: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/15332-miniharmony-unofficial-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__131322. It involves setting up 10 different Apple remotes. So this all works fine if I map the Plex functions as Global, under Preferences. But, I'd like to be able to control other programs with the Harmony, like EyeTV and Boxee. But when I map the Plex functions under Plex instead of Global, the remote only works the first time I bring up Plex on the remote.

If I use the remote to change sections from Plex Tv Shows to Plex Movies, the remote is unusable once I've gone to Movies and I get that sort of "bump" error sound. Same thing happens if I start in Movies and go to TV shows. I'm finding that if I quit Plex and start it back up, I can again go to one of my Plex sections, but when I try to use the remote to go automatically to another section, it doesn't work until I quit Plex again.

I'm sure this is a Remote Buddy issue, since if I use Global to map the Plex key presses, everything works again for Plex. But, I would like to be able to control other programs as well.

Last edited: 12.01.2011 20:45:33 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

15.01.2011 16:48:50
Re: Harmony One, Remote Buddy, Plex problem
View

Penney:

Did you ever get this figured out? I have a Mac Mini with EyeTV (Hybrid) and Plex and have been following miniharmony.blogspot.com as well and have most of my system setup ... including using Mame with a 3rd party remote.

I haven't purchased Remote Buddy yet, but wanted to look through the forums first for any issues ... such as this one. If you've resolved it, I'm buying it!!

Please let me know at your earliest convenience. 
Thanks so much, 
Steve 

User

15.01.2011 21:35:22
Re: Harmony One, Remote Buddy, Plex problem
View

No, but you could get around it by editing the the htpc.scpt (one of the applescripts you need to get this working) so that Plex quits and relaunches when you change sections in Plex with the remote.