Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

04.02.2011 00:48:57
Sony PS3 BR Remote and Behavior Construction Set
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I am attempting to set up a Sony Remote for use with MythTV and having defined actions, when I get to the mapping stage, I don't see anything for the Sony Remote (which works fine in my Plex).

What do I do?

thank you,

Patrick 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
User

04.02.2011 01:19:44
Re: Sony PS3 BR Remote and Behavior Construction Set
View

Okay - Maybe I'm just getting old - I'd swear it wasn't there before, but now, evidently it is... I was able to map keys, which control the MythTV Frontend just fine, except:

1. The PS button I mapped to a key, but it doesn't send that key it brings up the Remote Buddy menu (unlike in Plex).

2. During any video playback, no keys seem to work. I can force quit MythFrontend using the Remote Buddy menu. but everything else is non-responsive.

thank you,

Patrick

Last edited: 04.02.2011 01:25:27 

User

06.02.2011 18:30:01
Re: Re: Sony PS3 BR Remote and Behavior Construction Set
View

Thanks for asking.

Okay - Maybe I'm just getting old - I'd swear it wasn't there before, but now, evidently it is... I was able to map keys, which control the MythTV Frontend just fine, except:

The remote needs to be currently connected (or "online") to turn up in the list.

1. The PS button I mapped to a key, but it doesn't sent that key it brings up the Remote Buddy menu (unlike in Plex).

Unless you've the "Open Remote Buddy menu" action assigned to a button in your mapping in the Behaviour Construction Kit, Remote Buddy will re-arrange the default mapping of a Behaviour so that access to the menu is still possible and you don't lock yourself out. The Plex Behaviour has the "Open Remote Buddy menu" action assigned to "Menu (hold)" by default and thus no automatic re-arrangement will take place for it.

At Prefs > Mapping > [name of your behaviour], you can adjust the actually used mapping for your Behaviour.

2. During any video playback, the no keys seem to work. I can force quit MythFrontend using the Remote Buddy menu. but everything else is non-responsive.

Two ideas:

1) I don't really know MythFrontend, but if it uses any external application (or process) for playback (like Mplayer did in the past) and you've set up your keystroke actors to send the keystroke directly to the specific application, the keystrokes may simply never arrive at the actual playback application and go to the MythFrontend application instead. Adjusting their settings to send the keystrokes globally instead would solve this.

2) if the playback part only accepts events directly from a HID device, emulated keystrokes generally won't work since they don't come from a HID device and are emulated by OS X on the application level instead.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz