Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

06.02.2011 17:40:29
Unable to get complied Behavior to show up in Mapping/Behaviors
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'm trying to making Mupen64plus.app a behavior so I can send an "escape" command to it using my remote, but I'm unable to get it working correctly. I've created a number of new behaviors for varios apps but this one is different.

When I go and drag the app into the behavior kit, it doesn't show up like the rest of them. So then I drag it into the bundle identifier and fill out the other forms, but when I compile and export it, it never shows up in the preferences>mapping section like the other behaviors do. Any ideas? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

06.02.2011 18:08:01
Re: Unable to get complied Behavior to show up in Mapping/Behaviors
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

I had a quick look inside the Mupen64plus.app bundle and saw that

1) it completely lacks the Info.plist file.

2) that - other than is normal for applications (with .app suffix) it seems supposed to be launched from the Terminal, so - from the system's point of view - it's more of a Terminal command than an actual application. The .app suffix seems merely used to group the application binary and accompanying files together.

3) without Info.plist file, there's no bundle identifier (a bundle identifier takes the form of com.company.product - a filesystem path is not a valid bundle identifier) and as such the OS X way of uniquely identifying a running application is not available for this application/terminal command. This in turn makes it impossible for Remote Buddy to 
a) find it at all using Launch Services (so that auto-detection of the program has to fail and the Behaviour is not loaded on startup) 
b) identify it at run time (so that the Behaviour - if the lack of a bundle identifier wouldn't already prevent it from being loaded - couldn't be associated with the application)

There really isn't anything Remote Buddy could do about this. To fix the problem, Mupen64plus.app needs to be brought into compliance with OS X conventions and provide an intact OS X application bundle with Info.plist file (and unique bundle identifier inside it).

If you're lucky, all you need to do is to add a valid Info.plist file with a unique bundle identifier inside the Contents subfolder of the Mupen64plus.app bundle. This should at least enable OS X Launch Services to find it (and thus make the Behaviour load). Whether OS X also attaches this bundle identifier to its process (and thus make it identifyable) when launching it from the Terminal (which seems to be how you're supposed to use this application) I don't know.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz