Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

12.02.2011 15:56:07
PS3 remote disconnects without getting reconnect
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I am having some problems with my PS3 BD remote. The remote disconnects after a while without using and does not reconnect. 
Only when I take the batteries out of the remote and insert them again (pressing 2 times any button) the remote connects back.

So far when putting a new pair of batteries inside, it works fine for some days without using the described procedure above. 
But after 2-3 days it disconnects again. I even get the same problem with a new pair of batteries. Meanwhile I tested different batteries and even a second PS3 BD remote.

Anybody can provide me some help with this?

Thank 
Marko

(MacMini C2D 2Ghz, OSX 10.5, all softwareupdates made.) 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
User

14.02.2011 16:19:01
Re: PS3 remote disconnects without getting reconnect
View

Thanks for asking.

I am having some problems with my PS3 BD remote. The remote disconnects after a while without using and does not reconnect.

What are your power saving settings at Prefs > Hardware > Bluetooth receiver? (a link to a screenshot would be great)

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

21.11.2012 12:09:38
Re: PS3 remote disconnects without getting reconnect
View

Hi Felix, 
I am having this exact same issue. Rather than opening another thread i though it would reply to this one. My preferences under Pref > Hardware are as follows: 
General 
Search for paired remotes on startup - Yes 
Display pairing instructions - Yes 
Display status messages - Yes 
Power Saving 
Automatically disconnect remote after inactivity of more than - 20 minutes 
Disconnect remotes when computer goes to sleep - No

My remote disconnects and then will not reconnect without removing the batteries.

Thanks for your help.