Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

13.02.2011 14:42:51
How to manipulate Mac popup option windows?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Currently I am still using Remote Buddy as a control application on my mac mini media center, as I do not have a mouse or keyboard attached. 
I have programmed the mac to go to sleep at a specific time, but it occasionally happens I am still watching tv or movies using the mac. 
The mac nicely reports it will go to sleep in 10 min using a popup window where I can select to cancel the sleep or let it happen. The problem of course is that I can only select it with a mouse which is not attached.

I am therefore looking for a way to allow Remote Buddy choose an option and select it with both IR remote and AJAX. I am sure there is a method for it, but I can't figure out how. Could someone assist in solving this?

Thanks!

Kind regards, 
Jurgen 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

General
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

14.02.2011 16:20:01
Re: How to manipulate Mac popup option windows?
View

Thanks for asking.

You can use the Virtual Mouse to achieve this. With default settings, it's located at Input Devices > Virtual Mouse in the Remote Buddy menu.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

15.02.2011 10:26:26
View

Thanks Felix,

I was actually thinking more in the lines of using the arrow buttons to directly manipulate the pop-up by switching to the application that projects it, but this would also work although it's not very elegant. :D

But since I hope this event is quite rare this method is just fine

Gr 
Jurgen 

User

21.05.2011 06:24:05
View

Hi there,

Here's what I did: 
Instead of using the mouse for clicking some dialog buttons, I assigned keypresses 'ESC' and 'RETURN' to my remote. 
Many option dialogs only have the two choices 'Abort' and 'OK' and can therefore be dismissed with the above keypresses...

Bye