Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

01.03.2011 17:15:16
Configure Remotebuddy without Behaviours, just use the general Behaviour witzh the virtual remote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

maybe this was asked before, but couldn't find any answer to my question. 
I have bought RB and use it with an "MS MCE Remote receiver". Basically it works great. 
But I want to deactivate all Behaviours and just use the general one with the 
Virtual remote, so I would have the same functionality as with an built in remote from 
Apple without RB. Is that correct and how can I configure this?

Thanks for all your support and Information regarding my problem.

Regards 
Vlaves 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - eHome 2005
User

02.03.2011 01:48:29
Re: Configure Remotebuddy without Behaviours, just use the general Behaviour witzh the virtual remote
View

I think you get what want by turning off all the Behaviours: open Remote Buddy's preferences, click the Behaviours tab, deselect the checkboxes. 
User

02.03.2011 23:12:02
Re: Configure Remotebuddy without Behaviours, just use the general Behaviour witzh the virtual remote
View

Thanks for asking.

In order to use your eHome/MCE receiver like an Apple IR Receiver, you'd have to

1) disable all Behaviours at Prefs > Behaviours (by unchecking them) 
2) assign the respective Virtual Remote actions to the respective buttons at Prefs > Mapping > Global mapping (Note: Remote Buddy offers additional hold states over what the OS X Apple Remote subsystem is offering - for these just assign the non-hold versions to the hold states)

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

04.03.2011 08:36:02
View

Thanks you very much for the Information. That is exactly what I wanted :)

Regards 
Vlaves

Thanks for asking.

In order to use your eHome/MCE receiver like an Apple IR Receiver, you'd have to

1) disable all Behaviours at Prefs > Behaviours (by unchecking them) 
2) assign the respective Virtual Remote actions to the respective buttons at Prefs > Mapping > Global mapping (Note: Remote Buddy offers additional hold states over what the OS X Apple Remote subsystem is offering - for these just assign the non-hold versions to the hold states)

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz