Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

13.03.2011 02:51:30
Key assignments for emulations of games with Wiimote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I've started using Remotebuddy for a settop mac mini - one of those home theater pc things, yah?

Works pretty good for Boxee and general browsing. Built my own IR emitter, even!

So! I play a bit of retro gaming on emulation; SNES, GBA, MAME, etc. But I'm having trouble getting keystrokes to register properly.

Let's say I've got the d-pad set so that Up = left arrow, Right = up arrow, Down = right arrow, Left = down arrow key (the Wii is being held in both hands..) 1 = "." 2 = "/" and so on... the assignemnts match what i've set up on the emulators.

Now, in the game, let's pretend I need to Jump (2 button on wiimote) while going to the right (Down on d-pad). I'm holding down Down on d-pad, hit 2, and just straight up into the air, the 2 button press seems to have interrupted the d-pad. Unacceptable.

What am I doing wrong?

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

15.03.2011 18:01:02
Re: Key assignments for emulations of games with Wiimote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

You aren't doing anything wrong.

Right now, only one button can be "pressed" at a time within Remote Buddy - even if the respective remote supports more. Why? Remote Buddy is primarily designed for controlling applications, where the execution of more than one keystroke action at once can lead to undesired effects.

Example: two keystroke actions (one Cmd + Q, one Shift + Q) are executed at the same time, which would result in an unwanted, third keystroke combination: Cmd + Shift + Q. In this case, rather than quitting the controlled app (Cmd + Q) or entering an uppercase Q (Shift + Q), you'll be logged out of your current user session and return to OS X login screen.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz