Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

13.03.2011 13:43:49
Automate closing/opening of EyeTV LiveTV window?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have a 2010 Mac Mini that I use for EyeTV, Plex and DVD player. I currently leave EyeTV running in the background when I switch to Plex and DVD player, which isn't an issue most of the time. When it becomes an issue is when I try to watch any Netflix content through Plex. The combination of EyeTV processing a progressive image in the background with Silverlight (what a pig...) running for the Netflix stream pegs the CPU usage, which results in choppy Netflix video. I set up buttons on my Harmony remote that allow me to manually close a Live TV window before switching to Plex, and then to open it again when I switch back to EyeTV.

I'm looking for a way to automate the opening/closing of the EyeTV window. I use the remote buddy application menu to switch between programs. Is there any way using this menu to have the LiveTV window close automatically when I switch to Plex, and then re-open when I switch back to EyeTV? I want to keep EyeTV running to catch any recordings I have set up. I know I could set up buttons on my Harmony remote to activate Apple Scripts to do some of this, but if possible I'd like to keep using Remote Buddy's on-screen application switcher as it already has both wife and mother-in-law approval (for sanity's sake I'd rather not mess with that!).

Thanks in advance! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

24.05.2011 09:25:13
Re: Automate closing/opening of EyeTV LiveTV window?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I think you might find the solution here: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/13392-an-easy-way-to-switch-between-plex-and-eyetv/

basically it's a script that automatically runs everytime you launch Plex and EyeTV. it closes all live windows when switching to plex and opens in fullscreen when switching back to EyeTV.