Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

26.03.2011 10:27:12
Simple Plex setup
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I want to have a very simple Remote Buddy setup where Plex is started when I press the Menu button on my Apple Remote Control. Also, I want the computer to goto sleep when I press and hold the Menu button. Getting the computer to sleep is simply solved by chosing Mapping->Global Mapping->Menu (held)->Put computer to sleep. However, starting Plex doesn't work when I chose Mapping->Global Mapping->Menu->Plex->Home

If I shutdown Remote Buddy it works to start Plex by pressing the Menu button, but then I can't put the computer to sleep :-/

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

/S 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

27.03.2011 22:31:55
Re: Simple Plex setup
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
After some trial and error I solved it by assigning "Activate Plex behaviour" to button "Menu (hold)" in Mapping->Global mapping. Then I assigned "Put computer to sleep" to button "Select (hold)" also under Global mapping.

Thought it might be interesting for someone else in the future.