Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

16.04.2011 23:09:33
FEATURE REQUEST: Energy Saving! Support for an "IR inactivity" event.
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I use Remote Buddy to manage EyeTV and Plex. When Plex is left running my display will blank as configured in the Plex settings once the current movie is finished playing + 30 mins currently. This is great as my TV and receiver will both shut down automatically once the screen blanks for a period of time.

However if EyeTV is left active with Live TV playing- my display will never blank. EyeTV has no energy saving features of any sort aside from sleeping the system once recordings are complete- I never sleep this machine so that doesn't help me.

And I don't really want EyeTV managing this anyways. What I'd much rather have is Remote Buddy run a script **when no IR activity has been performed for a period of time**

This would allow me to implement a simple script that closes the EyeTV window if it's open and blanks the screen. I could also kill the Plex process if it is left running (it's a hog when idle.) If Remote Buddy hasn't seen IR activity in say... 3 hours then obviously noone is watching the screen. If you wanted to be particularly friendly- throw up a Remote Buddy prompt (ala the menu) before executing the specified AppleScript.

Thoughts? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

12.06.2012 22:45:41
Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Energy Saving! Support for an "IR inactivity" event.
View

I know this is an old posting but this is something I would like to do, too. Did you ever find a solution for this? 
User

20.06.2012 07:55:02
Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Energy Saving! Support for an "IR inactivity" event.
View

Hi Wolfgang

Sorry for the delay but I have been in Indonesia.

I do not know what it is that you refer to.

Can you send me a link.

Bill 
On 13/06/2012, at 6:45 AM, Wolfgang1 wrote:

I know this is an old posting but this is something I would like to do, too. Did you ever find a solution for this?

[standard mail footer removed]

User

20.06.2012 15:02:01
Re: Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Energy Saving! Support for an "IR inactivity" event.
View

Hi Bill,

I was referring to 
http://www.iospirit.com/support/forums/remotebuddy/thread/15460/

Wolfgang

Am 20.06.2012 07:55, schrieb WilliamN:

Hi Wolfgang

Sorry for the delay but I have been in Indonesia.

I do not know what it is that you refer to.

Can you send me a link.

Bill 
On 13/06/2012, at 6:45 AM, Wolfgang1 wrote: