Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

08.05.2011 09:42:46
weird problem remote buddy sending character "a"
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi I have a Mac mini, a play station bluetooth remote control and remote buddy. Everything seems to work perfectly but from time to time specially when sleeping computer or waking up remote buddy sends the character "a" to computer infinity times, like if a keyboard had the letter pressed or stuck. Any ideas what could be happening? after closing and restarting remote buddy it stops to send the character but again after or before sleeping the computer it does the same thing. Sometimes after rebooting it stops doing that.

I tried to reopen remote buddy automatically using applescript after waking up computer to avoid the problem but that didn't work because the script returns an error when trying to open remote buddy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance.

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
Hardware - Sony® BD Remote Control
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

24.05.2011 16:50:06
Re: weird problem remote buddy sending character "a"
View

Thanks for asking.

Are you using custom actions, self-made Behaviours or AppleScripts?

What button do you press to wake up your Mac - and which action is assigned to it?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

25.05.2011 03:34:08
View

Hi Felix, thanks heaps for you support.

I'm using the button PS to wake up, that button has a custom action which runs an apple script to check for a process and if not running then launch slingplayer.

I already reviewed all my custom actions to ensure none of them have auto repeats. I have no idea why the "aaaaaa" character, as I said after restart remote buddy it stops for a while.

thank you 

User

10.06.2011 22:53:01
View

Thanks for the info!

Are you using an AppleScript to send keystrokes at any point? A mistake I've seen there often is that people only write code to "press" a key, but forget to also include the code to subsequently release it.

Have you tried to temporarily back up your settings, then use Remote Buddy with default settings? Does the issue still occur?

Are you, btw, still seeing the issue with Remote Buddy 1.17.1?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz