Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

16.05.2011 10:30:00
Way to schedule EYE TV recordings using only the apple remote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi All,

For all those using remote buddy with EyeTV and an Apple Remote, what I'm looking to do - is to be able to schedule new recordings(Enter time, date etc) without having to use a mouse and keyboard in the EyeTV software itself. Note that I only have analogue in to an Elgato Hybrid, so am not using any kind of EPG. Does anyone do this ? Or knows if it's possible to program in Remote Buddy ?

I thought of posting this on the Elgato forums, but just though I would check here first.

Many thanks! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

24.05.2011 17:54:01
Re: Way to schedule EYE TV recordings using only the apple remote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

It of course isn't anywhere as convenient as controlling EyeTV's built-in full-screen EPG for programming, but you could use Remote Buddy's Virtual Mouse and Virtual Keyboard to control the regular EyeTV interface to make your programmings.

Other than that, you might also be able to get EPG data for your analogue TV signal by utilizing EyeTV's support for online EPG sites and XML TV files. You could then also use EyeTV's built-in full screen EPG. Availability of these of course depends on where you're living and what TV stations you can receive.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz