Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

28.05.2011 16:47:04
Close EyeTV window when sleep
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi

I have a little problem. I'm using remote buddy to sleep my mac. When i'm watching TV i use the remote buddy and chosse sleep. It works great, but the problem is that if i have a recording that starts at 07:00 am the mac starts up, begins recording, but because the EyeTV was open when i put it to sleep it will start up again and then my mac can't go to sleep. It will then be on for the rest of the day.

I was then wondering if it is possible to make an action that closes the EyeTV window and then goes to sleep? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

01.06.2011 00:49:10
Re: Close EyeTV window when sleep
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello, 
I'm not sure I've fully understood your problem, but if I'm right, you need a script to order EyeTV to put the computer to sleep, not order Remote Buddy to do so. 
Have a look here : http://kedeligdata.blogspot.com/2010/05/getting-eyetv-to-put-your-mac-to-sleep.html 
it should help.

Note that the RecordingDone.scpt file must be placed in YourMacName/Library/Application Support/EyeTV/Scripts/TriggeredScripts/RecordingDone.scpt