Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

01.06.2011 01:31:44
Setting audio balance
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello remote buddies, 
I would like to be able to adjust the audio balance of my Mac using the Apple Remote and Remote Buddy. 
I know I can create an AppleScript that open the sound panel of the System Preferences and set the balance to a certain value, and launch this script with Remote Buddy, but I would like to adjust the balance like I set the volume, just clicking on the right/left buttons of the remote, without having to open the System Preferences. 
Is there a way to do that ? 
Thank you. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

02.06.2011 19:31:25
Re: Setting audio balance
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I reply to myself... 
Well, I've changed a little bit my strategy. Since I want to set the audio balance always the same way (when I need to change it), I've created 2 actions written in actionScript that I added to my menu : 
- "set balance", that open the audio pref. panel (without activating/showing the window), set the balance to 0.2 and close the pref panel. 
Here is the code : 
--- 
tell application "System Preferences" 
reveal anchor "output" of pane id "com.apple.preference.sound" 
end tell 
tell application "System Events" 
tell slider 1 of group 1 of tab group 1 of window 1 of process "System Preferences" 
set value to 0.2 
end tell 
end tell 
quit 
end tell 
---

- "reset balance" that open the audio pref. panel (without activating/showing the window), set the balance to 0 and close the pref panel. 
Here is the code : 
--- 
reveal anchor "output" of pane id "com.apple.preference.sound" 
end tell 
tell application "System Events" 
tell slider 1 of group 1 of tab group 1 of window 1 of process "System Preferences" 
set value to 0.2 
end tell 
end tell 
quit 
end tell 
---

By the way, tell me if you've got a solution for my first request, it could be useful.