Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

10.06.2011 04:21:39
Mac Mini IR locks Up
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Ever since I updated to the most recent version of remote buddy - I've noticed that my IR port locks up on my mac mini. I'm using a Harmony One remote and I get no response from the mini. I even shut down Remote Buddy and restarted it and it still doesn't work so I'm guessing maybe it has something to do with the new candleair driver?

Has anyone else had any similar issues?

I'm wonder if it's worth my time to download the debug tool they have here on this site and try it even though it says it's only for use with the apple remote? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Built-in Online Updater
Driver
Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

10.06.2011 21:19:01
Re: Mac Mini IR locks Up
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

This sounds as if you've paired an Apple Remote with an ID different than that of your Harmony One with your Mac. In that case, the Mac's IR port will only accept input from the Apple Remote you paired it with - and not react to Apple Remote IR commands from any other remote.

Your current pairing status is detailed at Remote Buddy Prefs > Hardware > Built-In IR receiver and - with less detail - at System Preferences > Security. You can unpair / remove the pairing in both places.

If that's not it, please run Remote Control Diagnostics (http://www.iospirit.com/labs/remotecontroldiagnostics/) and post the result.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz