Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

22.07.2011 09:12:13
EyeTV Receiver keeps activating: How do I delete it?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I have EyeTV and as such an EyeTV Receiver. Under the Remote Buddy menu this receiver is listed and underneath it it has an "Apple Remote". It appears this Apple Remote is the same as the main Apple Remote that appears under the Built-in IR Receiver listing. Then the EyeTV's "Apple Remote" is active every time I touch a button it gets processed twice—as if I pushed the button twice—once for the EyeTV Apple Remote, once for the Built-in IR Apple Remote.

Simple solution is to deactivate the Apple Remote under the EyeTV Receiver. This works perfectly EXCEPT that every now and then it reactivates on its own. Usually this after many hours of operation but then bang suddenly I am stuck with the selection jumping two menu items at a time (especially bad when trying to quit Plex).

Is there a way to permanently disable this remote? Or even remove this Receiver completely (there appears to be no "minus sign" available in the preferences).

My "Apple Remote" is actually a Harmony One. I have no remotes paired with the Mac Mini in the Security control panel. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

22.07.2011 10:39:02
Re: EyeTV Receiver keeps activating: How do I delete it?
View

Thanks for asking.

I have EyeTV and as such an EyeTV Receiver. Under the Remote Buddy menu this receiver is listed and underneath it it has an "Apple Remote". It appears this Apple Remote is the same as the main Apple Remote that appears under the Built-in IR Receiver listing. Then the EyeTV's "Apple Remote" is active every time I touch a button it gets processed twice—as if I pushed the button twice—once for the EyeTV Apple Remote, once for the Built-in IR Apple Remote.

Remote Buddy actually should automatically disable one of the Apple Remotes found on your system automatically because of the potential conflict you observe.

Which version of EyeTV are you running?

Is there a way to permanently disable this remote? Or even remove this Receiver completely (there appears to be no "minus sign" available in the preferences).

You can disable Remote Buddy / EyeTV integration regarding the remote control altogether by turning off support for AdHoc Receivers at Prefs > General > Advanced.

My "Apple Remote" is actually a Harmony One. I have no remotes paired with the Mac Mini in the Security control panel.

Are you using support for multiple Apple Remotes? Or are you using your Harmony One only as a six button Apple Remote?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

22.07.2011 13:05:53
Re: EyeTV Receiver keeps activating: How do I delete it?
View

You can disable Remote Buddy / EyeTV integration regarding the remote control altogether by turning off support for 
AdHoc Receivers at Prefs > General > Advanced.

Ah ha! Thank you. I bet this alone will fix it.

Remote Buddy actually should automatically disable one of the Apple Remotes found on your system automatically because of the potential conflict you observe.

For some reason it hasn't been :-(

Which version of EyeTV are you running?

3.5.3. I thought I was up to date but it appears there is a more recent version (also 3.5.3 but different build number). Downloading the update now.

Are you using support for multiple Apple Remotes? Or are you using your Harmony One only as a six button Apple Remote?

Yes. I am using it to mimic multiple remotes. Only the "Primary" remote (ie the one where the standard buttons are set to be the standard buttons) have exhibited the duplication problem.

The "other" remotes work fine. Actually that is not completely true. They consistently work fine with EyeTV (each mapping has a direct action) but they often just stop working properly with Plex (each mapping has a virtual button). Not sure if it is related to the problem above.

Would using the Multiple Remote feature be (in part) responsible for my original reactivation problem?

Last edited: 22.07.2011 13:06:24