Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

27.07.2011 16:40:16
D-link Boxee Remote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello Everyone!

I just recently bought the new d-link boxee remote and I was hoping it could easily replace the apple remote I'm currently using.

the problem that I'm having is that the virtual receiver seems to conflict with the IR settings making it unusable.

is there a solution I'm overlooking?

can the boxee remote be setup otherwise?

thanks! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

27.07.2011 22:41:01
Re: D-link Boxee Remote
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

Currently, the Boxee Remote is not supported by Remote Buddy.

Since the Boxee Remote essentially is a keyboard sending (mostly) regular, widely used key strokes and you seem to be assigning these as hotkeys to the HotKey Remote, you're facing the same problem as another user (search for "Virtual Keyboard conflict Apple Remote" for an explanation of mine - and why this can't be made to work).

In essence: 
If you define f.ex. a cursor key or return key as a hotkey for HotKey Remote, whenever Remote Buddy needs to send a cursor or return key to control an application (which it needs to do often), the keystroke will not reach the application, but be intercepted by OS X itself and re-routed to Remote Buddy, which - after your configuration changes - has registered these keys as hotkeys.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz