Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

30.07.2011 21:36:11
Custom Behaviour keeps disappearing
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi everyone,

I've installed RB 1.18.1 on Mac OS 10.6.8, having upgraded from earlier versions of both products. The problem described below has persisted for about a month, ever since I purchased and first-time installed RB.

Everything works fine and as expected, except for one thing: 
A custom behaviour for the MPlayerX video player defined by me keeps disappearing in the preferences and getting deactivated after shutting down RB. I've always got to start up the Behaviour Construction Kit, go to Behaviour Factory and "compile, test drive and permanently install" that behaviour each time I want to use it. Then RB actually warns me in a pop-up window that the "Behaviour may be outdated or not new", telling me its not newer that the "version already installed". Apparently RB realises there's already an existing version, but won't show it in the preferences, nor activate it upon start-up. 
The symptoms appear to be akin to those described in this forum posting: http://www.iospirit.com/support/forums/remotebuddy/singlethread/14693 
but, in contrast to that poster, I've only got one single custom behaviour, having an identifier I guarantee to be unique. Hence the resolution given in the other thread can't work for me.

Thanks for any hints about a potential cause of this problem/bug.

Henry.

Last edited: 30.07.2011 21:38:04

Last edited: 30.07.2011 21:38:22

Last edited: 30.07.2011 21:39:14

Last edited: 30.07.2011 21:40:18

Last edited: 30.07.2011 21:40:34

Last edited: 30.07.2011 21:41:05 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote