Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

08.08.2011 19:21:40
Remote Buddy Stops Working
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
For a number of reasons, I decided to try Remote Buddy some months ago. I was quite happy with it for a little while, but then for no reason I could discern, it started completely ignoring my Apple Remote, which no longer had any effect. I uninstalled RB and went back to using Apple's regular driver, which worked (and works) fine with that remote.

Recently I installed VLC, which the Apple Remote does not control. I decided to give RB another chance because it does work with RB, especially since there were new updates to both RB and the OS -- I figured that having those installed might allow RB to work reliably.

The first day I tried it, it worked great.

But the next day, it didn't respond at all. (I did log out and back into my account in between, but RB WAS running.)

This is under OS X 10.6.8.

Any suggestions? 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Driver
Hardware - Apple® Remote