Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

27.08.2011 15:52:41
Basic, beginner questions
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi there,

I am using the trial for remote buddy, and I can't figure out how to get my behavior to show up, or be active.

I have: 
- installed rb and tested stock behaviours, so I know rb works 
- created a new behaviour (see here http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/screenshot20110827ataug.png/ ) 
- changed the default mapping (see here http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/screenshot20110827ataug.png/ ) 
- run the command to compile and test the behaviour

yet my remote simply reverts to the canned behaviour for firefox. If I disable the canned behaviour by unchecking it in preferences, then nothing happens. So it looks like my behaviour is not being used. It also does not show up in the list of behaviours in "preferences"

Clearly there is some simple thing I am not getting. Can someone set me straight?

...Mike 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

27.08.2011 22:30:06
Re: Basic, beginner questions
View

Hi Mike,

thanks for asking.

From the screenshots, it looks like your issue stems from what you entered at Behaviour Factory > Specification and Metadata > Application recognition > Bundle identifier.

This field currently contains the path of the FireFox app on your Mac, whereas it should contain the bundle identifier for FireFox. To enter it, remove the fields current contents (/Applications/FireFox.app), click into some other field (so that field no longer has focus), then drag and drop FireFox.app onto that field. You should now see

org.mozilla.firefox

in that field, which is the bundle identifier that's used by Remote Buddy to check whether the app is installed. If that bundle identifier is wrong, Remote Buddy won't load the Behaviour.

Once the field contains the correct bundle identifier, use "compile, test-drive and install" to replace the old version of your Behaviour with the corrected one.

Hope that helps.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

29.08.2011 02:24:34
Re: Basic, beginner questions
View

That did it, thanks.