Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

31.08.2011 04:15:02
Support for Multiple Remotes in Plex
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello - just got set up Remote Buddy to allow me to control Plex and other apps using my Harmony Remote, and I couldnt be happier. What a great piece of software! (Thanks as well to all of those who posted great online tutorial: miniharmony blog, lotech from NZ)!

I have encountered one minor, but strange issue. Although I successfully set up 10 Apple Remotes, when I first launch Remote Buddy, I only see 1 listed in the left sidebar under "Built-in IR Receiver". Also when I click on the Mapping (whether Global or Plex Behaviour), I only see Apple Remote and also the Virtual Remote. Not showing are the other 9 Apple Remotes. When Remote Buddy is in this phase, the Harmony Remote behaves as if only 1 Apple Remote has been programmed.

The way I correct this is to go back to Hardware, single click to highlight any of the newly created Logical Remotes listed in the middle section. This makes the other remotes show up under "Built-in IR Receiver", each showing that they have 12 button states. And only then under Mapping do I see all 10 IR Remotes with the Plex Behaviours that I have selected listed next to each. At this point the Harmony Remote works correctly.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions, as I would need to Remote Desktop in to go through these steps whenever I reboot the Mac Mini. Thanks. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

31.08.2011 11:00:11
Re: Support for Multiple Remotes in Plex
View

Thanks for asking.

I haven't gotten any other such reports, so it most likely isn't a general problem. Can you send me your configuration files (~/Library/Preferences/com.iospirit.remotebuddy*) to info - ät - inspirit ~dot~ com as well as a system profile (saved from System Profiler in SPX format - saves me a lot of questions), so I can try to reproduce it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

18.09.2011 05:06:27
View

Felix - wanted to check and see if you received my log files? Still experiencing this behaviour upon startup of Remote Buddy. Only resolves when I click on one of the newly added logical remotes -- then I can see all of the remotes listed under mapping, and only then do the functions associated with those remote work. Thanks again. 
User

09.07.2012 08:00:30
View

I also have this problem with Remote Buddy Express. Love the application but every time I restart it, it only has one apple remote. I must go into the settings to get it to acknowledge multiple IR remotes. Is there a solution to this? How about commands I could run with an apple script during startup to turn off multiple remotes and back on. Thanks! 
User

06.08.2012 22:53:08
View

I also have exactly the same issue. Very frustrating. I have a late 2009 Mac Mini running 10.7.4