Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

03.09.2011 17:00:57
Difficulty controlling browser in full screen -- Remote Buddy changes active behaviour
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi folks,

I've been using Remote Buddy for years and think it's great. Recently I started using the XBMC Netflix plug in, which, when you start a movie, opens a browser to play it in. Typically, you'd watch it in full screen, of course, and there's a button for that.

I mapped some of the buttons so I can control the video in the browser, and that all worked fine. However, the problem seems to be when the browser goes to fullscreen, and the previous behavior is activated. When testing, this wasn't a problem because I could just remap the default behavior keys to control Netflix, but now XBMC is running in the background, so any remote presses are sent to that.

When I pull up the RB menu and tell it to activate the Firefox behavior it does so, but my video goes from fullscreen to windowed again.

Has anyone else experienced this or has anyone a similar set up? I think I'm on the right track, but if not, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks, 
Conor 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote