Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

19.09.2011 14:23:54
Tutorial/Help needed: Mac Mini 2011, Lion, Harmony One, Remote Buddy...
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi guys,

I am relatively new to Mac, and I (like many) struggle with making Lion wake from sleep with a remote (Harmony One). Before y'all flame, I have read the thread regarding Remote Buddy 1.18.1 resolving the issue, but as I am new to Remote Buddy I don't quite know what that means or how to make use of it...

I have spent 4-6 hours configuring based on http://miniharmony.blogspot.com/, and it's still not working for me (the site does not deal with sleep/wake specifically). Should the Harnomy One send Plex PowerToggle to wake? Or F7?

Does anyone have a tutorial or step-by-step how to get the basics of Remote Buddy set up for sleep and wake? Clean installation of Lion, clean installation of Remote Buddy. What to do so what the remote can wake my Mini properly? The rest of the controlling for Plex/Boxee/etc I can manage.

Regards.

Van 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

19.09.2011 14:29:10
Re: Tutorial/Help needed: Mac Mini 2011, Lion, Harmony One, Remote Buddy...
View

Sorry to reply to my own question...

Is the multi-Apple-remote solution of http://miniharmony.blogspot.com/ the only solution to handle a Harmony One with the Mac/Remote Buddy? Or can Remote Buddy handle ALL THE BUTTONS of the Harmony One natively? 

User

19.09.2011 22:56:02
Re: Re: Tutorial/Help needed: Mac Mini 2011, Lion, Harmony One, Remote Buddy...
View

A full list of supported hardware can be found on the Remote Buddy website at

http://www.iospirit.com/remotebuddy/supportedremotecontrols/

The Harmony line of remotes is not listed there and therefore not officially supported by Remote Buddy.

Regarding your Plex profile questions: as outlined in the answer to your post in the other thread, you really should use the standard "Apple Remote" profile for testing before trying anything else.

The Plex profile may be perfect for Plex (and that's ok), but it contains errors (which I explained many times before in this forum) that make it unsuitable for general purpose usage. I don't know what codes it contains for its "PowerToggle" or "F7" codes and whether these are Apple Remote IR codes.

The "Apple Remote" device profile on the other hand only contains valid Apple Remote IR codes.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz