Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

23.09.2011 17:51:36
Wii Remote Plus doesn't work properly
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I bought the new Nintendo Wii Remote Plus with integrated "Wii MotionPlus" functionality. Unfortunately I can't manage to get the virtual mouse pointer work with Remote Buddy. All buttons work, but the mouse pointer doesn't. I got a working USB sendor bar AND I tried it with two candles. Both sensor bar and candles provide a working mouse pointer in other applications (I tried it with Dolphin Emulator) but it doesn't work in Remote Buddy.

Possibily the hew Wii Remote Plus isn't supported yet? Can someome help me?

[Edit] When I open Remote Buddy Configuration and try the Calibration I can clearly see the two red dots moving. Calibration works, just the mouse coursor doesn't move.

Last edited: 23.09.2011 18:00:24 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Wii™ Remote
User

28.09.2011 10:47:01
Re: Wii Remote Plus doesn't work properly
View

Thanks for asking.

As of now, I haven't had a chance to test with a Wii Remote Plus. Chances are, however, that changes in its design could cause an incompatibility.

Since I haven't received any other reports of issues with a Wii Remote Plus: 
Do you have a chance to test with a regular Wii Remote to verify its actually an issue with the Wii Remote Plus?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

28.09.2011 19:35:32
Re: Wii Remote Plus doesn't work properly
View

Thank you for your reply. In the meantime I managed to solve the problem myself. I don't know how, but after a reboot my Wii Remote Plus worked. Maybe the cursor function was just turned off (by pressing buttons 1 or 2 on the wiimote).