Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

25.10.2011 09:08:22
Candelair not working with Remote Buddy Express?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi

I bought RBE from the App Store on my Mac Mini running 10.6.8 and I need it to work with virtual remotes. I installed the latest Candelair from: https://secure.iospirit.com/labs/candelair/ 
and restarted my computer when prompted.

But when trying to trigger virtual remote events, I still get this message:

Candelair Driver not loaded: IR emulation is not available

In the product page it clearly says that RBE should work with Candelair but it doesn't seem to happen :( Any help?

Thx! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Driver
Hardware
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

25.10.2011 16:16:02
Re: Candelair not working with Remote Buddy Express?
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for reporting this issue.

I could reproduce it - and as it turned out, there was a bug in Candelair that could prevent Remote Buddy Express from accessing its Virtual Remote under certain circumstances.

I've fixed the issue and uploaded a new version of Candelair as a silent update (=> same version number) to the IOSPIRIT website.

To benefit of the fix, download the updated version from http://www.iospirit.com/labs/candelair/download/, install the version of the Candelair prefs pane from the DMG file, then uninstall the driver, reboot and install the driver.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz