Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

30.10.2011 17:51:20
Transfer settings to new computer
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I'm a long time user and have defined key mappings to my Harmony remote for many applications/behaviors using multiple remote IDs). I'm using 10 different apple IDs to get all the desired remote buttons mapped as desired. Now I'm upgrading to a new computer and would like to transfer all my key assignments to get an identical set up to what I had previously. How do I globally save my configurations and reinstall later? It would be very tedious to do manually since, for each application, I would have to first unassign the default key assignments (I don't use every assignment) for every ID on each application and then I'd have to assign the desired action or keystroke as needed for each ID on each application. Please help... there has to be an easier way!

Kind regards, 
Earl Kofler

P.S. Is there a way to print out the list of all the actions within a behavior as well as defined key mappings? I've resorted to screen shots, but that is difficult.

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control