Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

01.11.2011 06:39:32
Remote Buddy does not control Plex correctly after EyeTV restart
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi, I have noticed an issue when I restart EyeTV, Remote Buddy no longer sends commands correctly to Plex.

Remote Buddy is set up to pass Apple remote commands and IDs directly through to Plex as I am using a Harmony remote. I have made my own RB Behaviour ("Plex Passthrough") to do this as it was faster than configuring each virtual remote independently.

Currently using RB version 1.18.2 as I could not see any changes in the newer versions' release notes relating to the issue.

In order to resolve the issue I need to restart Plex.

Last edited: 01.11.2011 09:45:32 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

01.11.2011 11:13:01
Re: Remote Buddy does not control Plex correctly after EyeTV restart
View

Thanks for your feedback. Please provide me with more info:

1) Which versions of EyeTV and Plex are you using?

2) What do you mean with "Remote Buddy no longer sends commands correctly to Plex.". Please describe in this form: 
a) Actions you take 
b) The result you expect 
c) The result you actually get

3) The Apple Remote (as well as any button presses emulated by the Virtual Remote) is a global resource - and its input will - in the case of EyeTV and Plex - be received by the app that currently has focus / is the active one. Which app receives such events lies within the responsibility of the apps involved - Remote Buddy has no mechanism to influence this. So if your problem is about which app receives Virtual Remote events, I'm afraid there's nothing Remote Buddy can do about it.

You may, however, be able to get Plex to receive all input from the Apple Remote / Virtual Remote by setting Plex > Preferences >"Input Devices" > "Always Running" to "On".

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

01.11.2011 12:55:55
Re: Remote Buddy does not control Plex correctly after EyeTV restart
View

1) Which versions of EyeTV and Plex are you using?

EyeTV 3.5.3 (Build 6747) 
Plex 0.9.3.4

2) What do you mean with "Remote Buddy no longer sends commands correctly to Plex.". Please describe in this form: 
a) Actions you take

pressing the down arrow

b) The result you expect

cursor moves down the list in Plex

c) The result you actually get

system volume decreases

3) The Apple Remote (as well as any button presses emulated by the Virtual Remote) is a global resource - and its input will - in the case of EyeTV and Plex - be received by the app that currently has focus / is the active one. Which app receives such events lies within the responsibility of the apps involved - Remote Buddy has no mechanism to influence this. So if your problem is about which app receives Virtual Remote events, I'm afraid there's nothing Remote Buddy can do about it.

I am changing to Plex via the Remote Buddy change behaviour command (mapped to a remote control button). Is there something I should check to ensure that this is working correctly?

You may, however, be able to get Plex to receive all input from the Apple Remote / Virtual Remote by setting Plex > Preferences >"Input Devices" > "Always Running" to "On".

I'm pretty sure that changing that setting will prevent Remote Buddy from being able to receive EyeTV commands... is that the case?

Just a small thing which may help, I just checked and it drops out when EyeTV is *closed*.

Last edited: 01.11.2011 12:56:23