Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

13.11.2011 03:17:49
New version ruined everything :-(
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
A little update this morning to the plex behaviour has stuffed up my remote buddy plex set up. It now will only open plex 095 and not the old 094 version. It also will not register the remote in plex 094. at all

so - how do I change this. Get me plex 094 to open from the remote buddy menu and have the remote work in plex 094

needless to say I am really upset about this. Perfectly working software completed stuffed to the point of useless in one go :-( 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

13.11.2011 16:56:01
Re: New version ruined everything :-(
View

Remote Buddy has to decide which version to control when multiple versions of Plex are installed. The alternative would be to launch all installed versions of Plex when you activate the Behaviour - and control them all simultaneously. I can't imagine anybody wanting to do this.

I also think it's only fair to assume that if someone installs a new version of some software, they actually want to use it - so that's what gets picked.

With regards solutions, I can see two:

1) Uninstall the newer version of Plex, which you don't (seem to) want to use. Then, after relaunching Remote Buddy, it will only find the older version - and control it as before.

2) Uninstall the new Behaviour (by deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Remote Buddy/Behaviours/Plex.rbbehaviour) that added support for Plex 0.9.5 and relaunch Remote Buddy. Since you're then back to the old version of the Behaviour without support for Plex 0.9.5, you shouldn't expect it to control Plex 0.9.5, though. Do not install any Remote Buddy updates (for both Remote Buddy itself and Behaviours) until you're ready to actually use the latest version of Plex you installed on your Mac.

- Felix Schwarz 

User

14.11.2011 03:14:25
Re: New version ruined everything :-(
View

Hi Felix,

Thanks for your quick reply. I must begin by apologising for my tone and wording on the intitial question. The update along with the new plex threw my system and then my mind into a tail spin.

Upon reflextion it was my set up doing it and not your perfectly fine piece of software. I have rolled back to the older verison of Plex and remote buddy has followed suit so all is well.

I am very sorry again for the first message. A brain snap and a fit of anger at my computer. It was unfair to direct that at you or your product.

Thanks again for your hard work and being on top of all of this.

Best Wishes 
Josh