Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

25.11.2011 05:21:12
Remote Buddy's Virtual Keyboard Not Woking!
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi I recently downloaded Remote Buddy, and everything is amazing, except the Virtual Keyboard. I used the behavior kit to create a remote for Google Chrome, and everything is working, but when I try to "activate the virtual keyboard behaviour" it activates but only shows a semi see thourgh black bar accross the bottom of my screen, and when I try to type it works. The only problem is that the virtual keyboard doesn't show up, and it is impossible to type blindly. Besides this everything is great, and if i can get this to work I will buy it, but this is a key feature to me so with out it I probably won't purchase it. Also I am using Remote Buddy not Remote Buddy Express, and my Mac is running 10.7.2 Lion. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

25.11.2011 11:04:01
Re: Remote Buddy's Virtual Keyboard Not Woking!
View

Thanks for asking.

The only thing I can think of is that the size of the Virtual Keyboard is set to a size at which it can't render in a useful way. Please try changing the option at Prefs > Behaviour > Virtual Keyboard > Size and see if it makes a difference.

Another option that might have an effect is Prefs > General > Display on screen. What do you have this set to? And does the Remote Buddy menu itself appear correctly?

If the above doesn't lead to a solution of your issue, please send screenshots of the following to info -ät- iospirit -.- com:

1) Screenshot of Prefs > Behaviour > Virtual Keyboard 
2) Screenshot of Prefs > General 
3) If you use multiple displays with your system: a screenshot of System Preferences > Displays showing the arrangement of the displays.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

25.11.2011 19:41:21
View

Thank you for getting back so fast. I did what you said and not the keyboard it working! Thank you so much, at the end of my 30 days I'm positive I am going to get this app. 
User

25.11.2011 23:02:01
View

Glad I could help!

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz