Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

01.12.2011 10:24:17
Remote Buddy - Better Touch Tool
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I wanted to know if there are incompatibilities between the Remote Buddy and BetterTouchTool. 
I checked on 2 well with Mac OS Lion after starting any application via Remote Buddy (I often use XBMC), the Mac does not respond to any commands from the keyboard it will be a mouse, but also incorporates only the input of Apple and Romote the gesture set with BetterTouchTool. 
Thank you, 
Fra 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

01.12.2011 13:19:01
Re: Remote Buddy - Better Touch Tool
View

I'm sorry, but I'm having problems understanding the question.

If I understand you correctly, you've set up BetterTouchTool to perform actions when you press a button on your Apple Remote. In this context it's important to note that input from the Apple Remote on OS X can only be received by one third-party application at a time. If you have installed Candelair, Remote Buddy will receive all Apple Remote button press events - and can forward them to other applications via its built-in Virtual Remote. If you don't have Candelair installed, Apple Remote button press events will go to whichever third-party application asks OS X for it, first. If that's not Remote Buddy, it'll inform you about which third-party application receives all Apple Remote button presses instead.

I'm not sure about the part of your question mentioning keyboard and mouse problems. Fact is, however, that Remote Buddy only uses public APIs as documented by Apple. It can't have any effects on your ability to use your mouse or keyboard to control your applications, because it doesn't use any APIs whose use could have such an effect. I also have never received any reports about such issues.

BetterTouchTool, on the other hand, probably makes use of the CGEvent(Taps) API to allow you to re-route or discard input coming from your mouse and keyboard. So if you suffer from issues with mouse and keyboard input, maybe that's the result of just how you configured BetterTouchTool.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

01.12.2011 15:01:00
Re: Remote Buddy - Better Touch Tool
View

I set up exclusively for Better Tool Touch gestures of the mouse and keyboard. 
But surely the incompatibility is caused by this latest software, rather than as setting Magicprefs Touch Better tools all works very well.

Thank you. 
Fra.