Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

10.12.2011 00:17:07
Lion and wake up problem
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
hello all. 
I was using the apple remote with a mini with xbmc for my htpc. I had to move to lion... terrible choice, what a awful OS!! 
In any case... maybe I solved the trouble of crashing of the audio device (!!!) now I need to solve the lack of waking up with the remote. 
I read that only with this software I can do was was present for free in Leopard... anyway not a big problem, BUT: 
I'M TOTALLY A NEWBY!!! 
I would like to have a guide in order to configure remote buddy in order to start up xbmc with a click and then use its key mapping... I don't need extra features (maybe later... now I need to restore the usability of the system) but it seems quite complicate!! 
Is there someone so kind and patience do tell me exactly how I have to configure remote buddy? 
best regards

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

20.12.2011 02:37:57
Re: Lion and wake up problem
View

Hi,

I'm sorry to ask here, but how did you solve the audio crash? I have the problem too on my mac mini.

Thanks 

User

20.12.2011 09:35:01
View

Thanks for asking.

Here's what you'd need to do to 
1) control OS X (or any other app with Apple Remote support) when XBMC is not running 
2) launch XBMC with the menu button 
3) control XBMC when XBMC is the front application 
4) not use Remote Buddy's menu at all

Just follow these steps: 
1) In Prefs > Behaviours: untick all checkboxes in the list view on the left except for the one in front of XBMC 
2) In Prefs > Mapping > Global Mapping: remove all pre-mapped actions (by setting them to "-") 
3) In Prefs > Mapping > Default Behaviour: 
a) Select "Behaviours > Activate XBMC Behaviour" for the Menu button 
b) Select the respective "Virtual Remote" actions for all other buttons (i.e. "Virtual Remote > Left" for the button "Left").

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

22.12.2011 20:33:50
View

perfect! 
Thank you a lot! 
User

09.04.2012 18:35:16
View

Hello, 
I would configure Remote Buddy to launch XBMC when the Apple Remote "Menu" button is held. 
I followed the instruction provided in this thread but in the Mappings section of Remote Buddy Preferences there are several actions for XBMC but the "Activate Behaviour" one is missing.

I run Remote Buddy version 1.20.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Massimiliano Carra. 

User

09.04.2012 18:58:01
View

Thanks for asking.

Chances are you looked for "XBMC > Activate Behaviour" in the popup menu.

The action you're looking for, however, can be found at "Behaviours > Activate XBMC Behaviour" in the popup menu.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

09.04.2012 19:45:38
View

Thanks for your prompt answer.

I don't find the Activate Behavior action for XBMC in the popup menu or maybe I didn't understand where look for it.

Following I shared with you two screenshot I took on my Remote Buddy when I tried to add the XBMC Activate Behaviour action for the Apple Remote Menu button; 
they show all the actions available for XBMC on my Remote Buddy and as you can see there isn't the Activate Behaviour one.

screenshot #1: http://grab.by/d0dO 
screenshot #2: http://grab.by/d0dM

Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks, 
Massimiliano.

Last edited: 09.04.2012 19:46:05 

User

09.04.2012 22:19:01
View

As I suggested earlier, you're indeed looking in the wrong place.

As per your screenshots, you're looking under "XBMC" (as selected at the bottom on your screenshots), whereas you should look under "Behaviours" (near the top of the selection popup as is also seen on your screenshots) and select "Activate XBMC Behaviour" there.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

10.04.2012 10:05:50
View

Sorry my fault, I find it.

Thank you for your help and your patience!

Massimiliano.