Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

06.01.2012 15:33:53
Plex loose all commands after the update
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi 
I spend so many time to configure properly remote buddy to work with my harmony remote and plex following this guide: 
http://miniharmony.blogspot.com/2010/06/episode-3-pairing-harmony-one-with.html

today I update Remote Buddy to 1.19.2 and nothing works as before, 
for example now If I want to navigate to the right with direction right button on my harmony remote buddy gives the command to eject the cd

How Could I go back to the correct behavior? I don't understand what's happened! 
I have a backup of the preferences files from Remote buddy 1.19.1, Can I go back to that version that worked perfectly?

many thanks 
Riccardo 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

06.01.2012 23:55:01
Re: Plex loose all commands after the update
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Remote Buddy added support for Plex 0.9.5 - which identifies as a completely new application and is also different in many other details. This goes as far as that the very commands that need to be sent to Plex 0.9.5+ and pre-0.9.5 versions differ, making the two versions mutually exclusive. It's only possible to control one of the two versions - and this decision has to be made right at startup. Since this has been discussed before, please also see my previous post on the topic here for more info: http://www.iospirit.com/support/forums/remotebuddy/singlethread/15855/

In your case, I guess this is what is happening:

1) You have both a 0.9.5+ a pre-0.9.5 version of Plex installed, while only using the pre-0.9.5 version. 
2) At launch, Remote Buddy 1.19.2 - which has added support for 0.9.5+ - detects your 0.9.5+ copy and concludes that since it has to make that decision and since you have that newer version installed, that's what you want to control. 
3) You launch the pre-0.9.5 version of Plex. 
4) Since that pre-0.9.5 version of Plex has a different bundle identifier than 0.9.5+ versions, it doesn't get recognized. 
5) The Default Behaviour is picked. It has the "Eject" action mapped to the "Right" button by default.

Solution: 
If what you want to use is a pre-0.9.5 version of Plex, please remove any copies of Plex 0.9.5+. Then relaunch Remote Buddy, so it can detect your pre-0.9.5 version, select it for control, and control that.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz