Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

10.01.2012 00:24:52
eyetv remote with Philips OVU 4120 ir receiver
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi there,

I have an eyetv remote from an 250 plus unit. Since i use hdhomerun i don't use the 250 plus as eyetv is randomly picking an tuner to watch/record which is not dvb-c on the 250 plus (blurry image). As Elgato indicated that the ir part can't be separated from the tv unit i'm left with an problem.

The eyetv remote features (mapped to my philips srt 9320) however are very good so i like to keep that. . so i bought an philips ovu 4120 ir receiver. This works with the apple remote mappings but not with the eye tv remote. Is there an way to make this work? I can't seem to get the behaviors construction kit working doing what my eyetv remote can. Please advice.

In short:

eyetv remote mappings -> ovu 4120 -> mac mini

If there is no way to do this, how can i create the same behaviors whitin remote buddy (instruction movie and manual did not help me so far)

Thnx in advance! 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

12.01.2012 10:32:01
Re: eyetv remote with Philips OVU 4120 ir receiver
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

Currently, Remote Buddy only supports the Apple Remote via the Philips OVU 4120. Please also see the fact sheet here for reference: 
http://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/hardware/#ehomereceiver

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz