Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

11.01.2012 21:46:27
Applescript to get RB to Hide Menu after x mins if showing
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.

Hi Felix,

Sorry about my last forum post... maybe I tried to ask too much at once.

Currently, my goal is to figure out a way to get RB menu to deactivate after being open for a set time.

I have created and global mapped an action that (with the help of the Redeye) turns on the TV, Receiver, set them to the right inputs, and brings on the RB menu at the main menu level. The idea is that no matter what A/V component or software you are controlling, or what input you are viewing, you can always get back the RB's main menu by doing a long press of menu.

The problem is that sometimes RB menu gets stuck open, so when you do a long press of menu button it doesn't work. So, I was hoping to write an applescript that actually hides the RB menu if its hasn't been used for set amount of time.... this should make the long press of menu button work more consistently... any idea's?

Thank you for your time,

Christian 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Configuration
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

12.01.2012 10:57:01
Re: Applescript to get RB to Hide Menu after x mins if showing
View

Thanks for asking.

Sorry about my last forum post... maybe I tried to ask too much at once.

No worries.

Currently, my goal is to figure out a way to get RB menu to deactivate after being open for a set time.

There currently is no API for querying the state of the RB's menu - so this can't be done. At least, I currently can't think of a way to do this. Sorry.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

13.01.2012 00:46:16
Re: Applescript to get RB to Hide Menu after x mins if showing
View

Hmmmmmm.... any chance that an API like that could be in a future release?

Is there a way to escape out of the menu in general (that does not toggle)... maybe I could have an applescript that wait till their is nothing going on and then deactivates the menu? Or is there some say to make a long press on the menu button do stuff when the menu is active... then it would matter at all?

Thanks,

Christian