Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

08.03.2012 20:41:03
A strange remote problem!
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I'm using a MBP 15" Mid 2010 model and have an Apple remote (both white and aluminium versions) but I have a major issue with the pairing of the remote.

I have successfully paired the remote but each time I need to use it I have to go right next to the IR receiver press the remote's buttons a lot of times and then it will work perfectly from then on - until my Mac's screen goes to sleep - then I can press a button on the remote to turn the screen back on but then I'm unable to use the remote further until I go right up to the IR receiver and press the remote a lot of times once more!

All very odd and nothing appears in the console to say anything odd is happening.

Any help, advice, ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

08.03.2012 23:25:01
Re: A strange remote problem!
View

Thanks for asking.

Sounds like an empty battery. Please try with a new one.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

08.03.2012 23:27:56
View

Thanks for asking.

Sounds like an empty battery. Please try with a new one.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz

Nope. First thing I tried and also why I purchased a new remote to make sure it wasn't that! 
User

08.03.2012 23:36:01
View

Nope. First thing I tried and also why I purchased a new remote to make sure it wasn't that!

You wouldn't be the first to receive a new remote with a dead or almost dead battery.

Apart from that, IR interference from other IR sources might also be your problem. Please also see http://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/hardware/#infrared for more info.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

08.03.2012 23:42:24
View

I bought a pack of 12 batteries first of all!! Also tested both remotes are actually transmitting okay by pointing them into a digital camera.

I've actually got a feeling the IR Receiver on my Mac is broke. I've just deactivated the remote from the ir receiver and activated the eyetv it receiver and it appears to work well. The only problem with that though is when eyetv is running then the remote doesn't work?! 

User

09.03.2012 09:45:02
View

The only problem with that though is when eyetv is running then the remote doesn't work?!

EyeTV contains the driver for the IR receiver built into EyeTV devices. It therefore needs to run to provide Remote Buddy access to the incoming signals.

Remote Buddy itself doesn't contain any drivers for EyeTV hardware.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz