Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

15.03.2012 18:11:14
wake up sensibility on mac mini G4 (keypsan receiver)
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
dear Felix

thanks for your great product.

But is there a way to discrease to sensibility of my keyspan receiver in remote buddy, like the original keyspan's driver? 
Because the mini is wake up any time very easily with any remote control :-(

if it's not possible, how i can drop support from remote buddy of my keyspan receiver?

in fact, i would like to use the keyspan receiver with the original keyspan's driver (only for wake up my mac mini) 
and a Manta receiver with the driver of Remote Buddy (for handle Eyetv and Front row on my mac mini)

two receivers and two drivers in the same time but each for a different purpose, and when i try Remote buddy don't want to let the keyspan's driver take the control of the keyspan receiver ;-)

thanks a lot for your answer

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Driver
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
User

16.03.2012 22:46:01
Re: wake up sensibility on mac mini G4 (keypsan receiver)
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

I'm sorry, but I'm not aware of any sensibility option for Keyspan receivers. I'm afraid what you're looking for wouldn't work even if Remote Buddy supported such an option, though, for the following reasons:

1) the Keyspan receiver will wake to *any* IR signal (sometimes even to direct sunlight) provided that the signal persists long enough. Even if that time span could be increased, you'd still end up sending a long-enough signal when keeping a button pressed on your Apple Remote.

2) support for PPC has been discontinued in both Remote Buddy and it's driver (Candelair) for some time, now, so updates wouldn't benefit you

There's a chance this could solve your problem, though: 
The Manta TR-1 also supports waking up your Mac - but only with a Windows MCE remote control's power button. It's smart enough to decode IR input even when asleep and only issue a wake-up signal over USB when receiving aforementioned IR code.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz