Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

19.03.2012 10:32:52
No apple remote on EYETV-XBMC
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Greetings to all. 
There were some problems with my setup from the start. 
From Leopard and after sometimes the remote didn't work in some programs and sometimes worked fine. 
After 10.7.2 and now 10.7.3 situation got worse. I can choose from the remote buddy menu either EYETV or XBMC and the moment the program runs the remote goes dead! The only thing i can do is to use my iphone with the AJAX remote or screen sharing to the mini mac from my laptop to have control.

My setup, 
Mini Mac 1,83 / 2Gb Ram / SSD hard disk / eyetv DTT tuner. 
No little snitch, no firewall, no other software for antivirus/firewall. 
Default behaviours for Eyetv, XBMC and Dvd player. 
Five programs menu, Eyetv-XBMC-Dvd player app-virtual mouse-virtual keyboard (with that order).

Remote buddy works fine with Dvd player app, play/fw/rw/eject etc. 
Also works fine with virtual mouse/keyboard but only with standard programs of OSX ie Safari, if i run Eyetv or XBMC nothing works.

I have tried two different Apple white remotes and one silver, all the same result (battery's checked). 
I have tried with and without candelair driver, its the same. 
I have even tried without remote buddy to control XBMC, nothing. Same with Eyetv without remote buddy, no control. 
I even checked/unchecked in XBMC the System option "let other programs control XBMC" nothing changed.

Please advice. 
Thank you in advance. 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Driver
Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - EyeTV Receiver
Hardware - iPhone™ / iPod® touch / AJAX Remote
User

19.03.2012 22:54:46
Re: No apple remote on EYETV-XBMC
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
I am happy to report that i have found the solution to the problem.

I had a feeling that something was wrong with eyetv and i was right. After searching Elgato's forums i stumbled onto this,

http://support.elgato.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=41&nav=0,1,145

Truly, after deleting eyetv helper and runing eyetv again, eyetv helper was created again and everything about my IR remote was working 100% not only to eyetv but to XBMC also.

Hope to help someone in the future.

xkostas

Last edited: 19.03.2012 22:55:33