Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

12.04.2012 13:15:09
Controlling background apps
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hi,

I'm trialling Remote Buddy as a result of a problem I've been having using my Apple remote to control Spotify via the Remotify app. Basically, while Remotify did indeed enable the Apple remote to control Spotify, every press of the Play/Pause button also opened up iTunes in the background. My search for solutions brought me to Remote Buddy. If it works, I'll ditch Remotify and pay for a license for RB.

I can get the Apple Remote to control Spotify via RB, no problem. However, when I switch the focus to another running app, Spotify no longer responds to the remote. I fiddled around and opened up the RB on-screen menu, and discovered the "activate behaviour" option for Spotify. This seems to have solved the problem, at least temporarily – Potify is now responding to the remote even when it doesn't have the focus.

My question is, how do I ensure that Spotify (and any other app I might like to control via RB) always responds to the remote by default even when it doesn't have the focus?

For info, I'm running Lion (10.7.3) on an iMac.

Thanks in advance,

Rob 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Behaviours
Hardware - Apple® Remote
User

17.04.2012 22:53:02
Re: Controlling background apps
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Thanks for asking.

By default, Remote Buddy will only choose the Behaviour for an application when the application is currently active.

If you also want Remote Buddy to consider choosing your Behaviour when no Behaviour can be found for the currently active application, you need to enable the option

"Handle application in background with priority"

at

"Behaviour Factory > Specification and metadata"

and set a priority (1024 for the lowest priority, -1024 for the highest priority).

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz