Support
All support resources for our products. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions, discuss with other users, recover a lost license code or file a support request.
Forum closed
This forum was closed and turned into an archive effective April 21, 2018. It is no longer possible to create new topics or reply to existing topics.

Thanks everyone for all the great questions and contributions over the years.

Please use the Contact form to get in touch.

Remote Buddy Forum

Overview 

AuthorThread
User

14.04.2012 06:25:46
Eye TV receiver - double remote entry
View

This posting is older than 6 months and can contain outdated information.
Hello,

I am trying to get my Eye TV Hybrid receiver to work correctly with Remote Buddy (I just bought the device and have now installed eye tv). The receiver does show up in RB, but it has two remote entries (identical) underneath (both 68 button eye tv remote). Why is that? I do not want to start any configuration before I find out which of the two profiles is the one to use...

I am not actually using the eye tv remote as such (which I have not even unpacked), but the respective profile on my Harmony remote 1100. I would assume that this replicates the exact same IR codes though?

Thanks, Henrik 

These entries from the FAQ may be relevant to this topic:

Hardware - Apple® Remote
Hardware - Harmony® Smart Control
User

17.04.2012 22:33:01
Re: Eye TV receiver - double remote entry
View

Thanks for asking.

Are you running multiple instances of EyeTV in different accounts at the same time ("Fast User Switching") by any chance?

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

17.04.2012 22:58:12
View

No there is only user account on the Mac... 
User

24.04.2012 16:11:03
View

Hi,

any idea? It feels almost like using two Apple remotes, except that I can distinguish them in Remote Buddy, while there is no distinction between the two EyeTV remotes...

I am happy to test something to help resolve the issue, I just do not know where to start, and would like to avoid wasting time with tests that do not lead to anything.

Thanks, Henrik 

User

24.04.2012 21:23:02
View

Sorry, but I don't have any ideas. This shouldn't happen - and I've never received any other reports of any such phenomen.

Please post a screenshot. Maybe I can see something there. Or maybe I didn't understand your question correctly and the screenshot helps me there as well.

Best regards, 
Felix Schwarz 

User

25.04.2012 02:48:33
View

Here are the links to the screenshots

http://d.pr/i/o6AC the hardware screen

http://d.pr/i/YNHR and http://d.pr/i/VVeY the screens that show the mapping table for the two EyeTV remotes.

I am using the EyeTv Harmony profile with a Harmony 1100. The second remote in Remote Buddy gets added after certain keystrokes, today I observed it appear when I pressed one of the color buttons. The first had appeared on pressing a more basic function, I believe Play or Left/Right.

I have not done any test with the two profiles, as I wanted to check with the expert first!

Thanks, Henrik 

User

06.10.2012 02:42:32
View

You may need to unpair devices from your mac.

To unpair an Apple Remote:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security, and then click General. (Then click advanced)

Click Unpair.

Some remotes are interpreted by the mac as two separate remotes.

I hope this helps!